Here’s your chance to put your brew up against the best of Blair! Judged by local brewmasters and/or BJCP certified judges the Homebrew contest is the first of its kind in this region and will be a staple of Rails & Ales for years to come.
This is a great opportunity to get feedback on your home brews. Don’t miss your chance to be the 2017 Homebrew champion!
- Double India Pale Ale DIPA
- India Pale Ale IPA
- Pale Ale
- Wheat (a beer with at least 25% wheat)
- White Belgian Ale (WIT)
- Fruit Beer (Ciders, fruit flavoring, etc)
- Strong Belgian Ale (Dubbel, Trippel, Strong Dark, etc)
All beers/ciders are welcome, including All Grain, Brew-In-A-Bag and Kit beers.
There will be two types of judging.
Brewmaster: Your submissions will be judged and rated by a team of BJCP judges and BJCP affiliated local brewmasters. They will determine our winners per style guidelines and the top 3 in each will medal. The top 7 scores overall will go on to the Best In Show competition. Please mark on the entry form the specific style category/subcategory if you know it.
- 1st Place: “Brewmaster Champion” Gold Medal.
- 2nd Place: “Brewmaster Champion” Silver Medal
- 3rd Place: “Brewmaster Champion” Bronze Medal
Best in Show: The top 7 scores go on to Best in Show. A second round of tasting will be done and scored to determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall.
- 1st Place: “Best In Show” along with along with $50 at Bootleggers Brew Shop
- 2nd Place: “Best In Show” along with along with $25 at Bootleggers Brew Shop
- 3rd Place: “Best In Show” along with along with $15 at Bootleggers Brew Shop
*This is a registered BJCP event.
Flat fee of $8 per entry.
- Download and Print the entry form at Bootleggers Brew Shop or 917 Pleasant Valley Blvd. Rear Altoona (Tickets to the event can also be bought there).
- For each submission, you will be required to supply two (2) – 12oz bottles of your brew, delivered in unmarked glass bottles. No labels please.
- All beers must be registered and delivered to Bootleggers by August 19th.
- Your beer will then be refrigerated until the event.
Email email@example.com or call 814-931-9962.